We’re delighted that you’re visiting our ‘virtual’ Ferns Country Store and, just as if you stepped into our ‘bricks and mortar’ site (doesn’t that make us sound so technical?!), we want you to have a pleasant experience. While we much prefer the old fashioned way of doing business, we believe that the internet offers an unique opportunity to communicate and share information with our customers.
Within this section you will find:
– Information which may be collected at FernsCountryStore.com
– A different flavor of cookies then we sell at our store bakery
– Contact from us like through email or surveys
– Kids visiting FernsCountryStore.com
Information which may be collected at FernsCountryStore.com
As with most websites, only anonymous information shared by your browser can be ‘seen’ by us. This may include the type of server you are using, time of day, pages most frequently visited, what you’re wearing (just kidding), etc. We use this information to help make our site more useful to you.
Any personally identifying information which we may collect is info which you have directly provided. For example, if you subscribe to our Pickle Barrel E-Newsletter (which you should do), complete a survey, enter a contest or sweepstakes or make an online purchase, you may be asked to provide information such as your email address, name or phone number. Optional information such as your age, gender or mailing address may also be requested depending on the legal or marketing requirements. The information collected is then used to solely fulfill your request.
How now brown cow. What is the meaning of life? The pink flamingo lawn ornament was invented in Massachusetts, as was Charleston Chew. This has been a test of the Emergency Broadcast System to see if anyone really reads this stuff.
If you choose to purchase items through features on our site or through any of our linked partners, your information may be forwarded to third parties for services such as credit card processing and order fulfillment. You should also be aware that there may also be occasion when we are legally required to provide access to our database in order to cooperate with police investigations or other legal proceedings. In those instances, the information is provided only for that purpose. But for the life of us, we can’t imagine any of our customers ever involved in any such entanglements.
While this site contains links to other sites we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of other such sites. Otherwise, FernsCountryStore.com does not sell, rent or trade any of our users’ information without first receiving your permission.
A different flavor of cookies then we sell at our store bakery
But DO do yourself a favor and stop by the store and try our real cookies. They taste so much better than the virtual cookies offered up here.
Contact from us like through emails or surveys
Just like at our old store on the rotary, we often see our customers engaged in spirited discussions. And we’ve certainly discovered that our friendly customers enjoy sharing their opinions. So from time to time, we may offer up surveys to elicit feedback from our community. They could be about our website, in store services or to help our Town leadership know which way the wind is blowing on a particular issue. In all cases, the surveys are optional and we will not obtain personal information unless you choose to provide it. And if you do it will be kept confidential. Remember what we told you above “What happens at Ferns Stays at Ferns.” Any other contact is because you’ve specifically requested our E-News or to notify you that you’ve won a contest if we run one and you did indeed win.
If you do not wish to receive communications from us or want to unsubscribe from our E-News or other service (tho we can’t imagine why), simply send us an email stating ‘unsubscribe.’ At Ferns we aim to keep things simple.
Kids visiting FernsCountryStore.com
We thoroughly enjoy the kids that visit our store on the rotary! They add such a delightful vibrancy to our day. Here at FernsCountryStore.com, however, the site is primarily aimed at adults. Quite frankly kids would probably be bored by what’s here. But rest assured all information on our site is ‘kid-friendly.’ Should kids visit us here (tho’ we’re much more fun in person!), no one under age 13 is allowed to provide any personal information. Minors between the ages of 13 and 17 must get the permission of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) before making purchases on or through this site. Do your kids a favor and limit the time the spend on their computer and monitor what they do!
If you have other concerns or questions about any aspect of this policy want to give us feedback or to simply say ‘yo!’ you can email us. You can also send us regular mail the old fashioned way at: Ferns Country Store, PO Box 31, Carlisle, MA 01741-0031. Or you can stop by the store and talk to us directly. We’re right heah in the village center sitting on the rotary.
More Legal Stuff (OK, we admit that this is pretty boring but unfortunately it’s necessary nowadays. The fact is that we didn’t even attempt to liven up the copy because we knew that our lawyers wouldn’t appreciate our humor here)
www.FernsCountryStore.com is owned, produced and maintained by Carlisle Center Ventures, LLC. (herein referred to as CCV). CCV also operates and does business under the name of Ferns Country Store. Ferns Country Store website, any current or future affiliate sites, the Ferns Pickle Barrel™ E-Newsletter and any other electronic form of publication or communication (the “Sites”) are accessible worldwide to anyone with Internet access. Access to the Sites is subject to the User Terms and conditions set forth herein (“User Terms”), as well as to all applicable trademark and copyright laws and all other applicable laws and regulations. BY ACCESSING THE FERNS COUNTRY STORE SITE, YOU ACCEPT ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION, ENTITLED “USER TERMS”, WITHOUT ANY QUALIFICATION OR EXCEPTIONS TO SUCH TERMS AND CONDITIONS. CCV and its affiliates, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time by posting such amended terms in lieu of the then current User Terms. By accessing CCV’s Sites subsequent to the adoption of any such amendments, you agree to accept any such amendments to the User Terms.
This website is maintained for your personal entertainment, information, education and communication. Please feel free to browse this Site. You may download material displayed on the site for non-commercial, personal use only, provided you also retain all copyright and other proprietary notices which may be contained on the materials. You may not, however, distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, report, or use the content of this Site for public or commercial purposes, including any text, images, audio and video without CCV’s express written permission.
Your access and use of this Site is also subject to the following Terms & Conditions and all applicable laws. By accessing and the browsing the Site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, these Terms & Conditions and acknowledge that any other agreement between you and CCV are superseded and of no force or effect.
1. You should assume that everything you see and read on this Site is copyrighted unless otherwise noted and may not be used except as provided above.
2. While CCV uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information, no warranties or representations as to its accuracy are made or implied. Opinions and editorial information contained on this Site are the sole views of the writer of such material. CCV, its corporate officers, employees, partners and investors cannot be held responsible nor liable for any errors, omissions, opinions, or editorial content on this Site.
3. CCV’s Site is provided on an “As-Is” basis without representations or warranties of any kind, either express or implied, whatsoever, including without limitation, warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Your use and browsing of this Site is at your own risk. Neither CCV nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering this Site is liable for any loss or injury or any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive or similar damages arising out of your access to, use of, or as a result of any information available on the service and Sites. CCV also assumes no liability for any damages to, or viruses that may infect your computer equipment on account of your access to, use of, or browsing the Site or downloading of any material from or through the Site.
4. Any communication or material you transmit to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like is, and will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. CCV is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to this Site or it’s owners for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing, and marketing products using such information.
5. All materials contained in the Web site including images of people or places are the copyrighted property of CCV, its subsidiaries, affiliated companies and/or third-party licensors. The use of images by you or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless written permission is obtained by CCV and, if applicable, the original copyright owner.
6. If you wish to download material contained on this Website that is owned by CCV for your individual review in conjunction with a store purchase permission need not be sought providing the information is not being used for competitive commercial analysis. Otherwise, the copyright ownership of such material is held in force and you must secure the permission of CCV in order to use such material. If the approval to use any of the CCV Website content is granted under such circumstances as agreed upon, you are granted permission to view, use, reproduce, copy and distribute documents within CCV’s Website for the sole purposes specified in your request. You agree that: (i) you will not modify the documents, publications or graphics; (ii) you will not quote materials out of context; and (iii) you will retain and display the copyright notice of CCV on such content. You further agree that CCV shall have the right to revoke its consent at any time and you shall immediately cease any further use of the CCV Website content. The foregoing consent does not include permission to copy the design elements, look and feel, or layout of CCV’s Website. Subject to the further terms set forth in Section 5 above, you assume all risks concerning the suitability and accuracy of the information within CCV’s Website which you propose to use, subject to CCV’s consent.
7. All trademarks, logos, service marks, slogan’s, domain names and trade names (collectively the “Marks”) displayed on this Site are the properties of their respective owners. CCV disclaims any proprietary interest in Marks other than its own registered and unregistered Marks. Nothing contained in this Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Mark displayed on this Site without written permission of CCV or such third party that may own the Marks displayed herein .
8. Trademarks owned by Carlisle Center Ventures, LLC (dba Ferns Country Store):
This is a current listing of trademarks owned by CCV. Not all common law trademarks used by Ferns Country Store are listed on this page. Because of the diverse marketing by Ferns Country Store, our practice is to list only the most important of its common law marks. Failure of a mark to appear on this page does not mean that Ferns Country Store does not use the mark nor does it mean that the product is not actively marketed or is not significant within its relevant market.
Those trademarks followed by ® are registered trademarks of CCV in the United States; all others are trademarks or common law marks of CCV in the United States.
Work Hahd. Play Hahda.
It’s a country store day. Do it the Ferns’ way.
Carlisle’s community store and social place
Pickle Barrel E-News
Fermented Ferns E-News
Old Lady Fern
The Smiling Duck Cafe
Charitable Giving Program
Ferns Road Kill Cookies
Ferns Tie-Dye Cookies
Soft Rock Coffee
100% Unconditional Satisfaction Guarantee
It’s On Us voucher
The following names of Ferns Signature Sandwiches:
Ferns Beach Club
Ham It Up
The following names of Ferns Panini:
Four Cheese Please
The following names of Ferns Pizza:
The Big Cheese
The Brimfield Garden
Here Chickie Chickie
9. CCV may not have reviewed all of the sites linked to this Site and is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or any sites linked to this Site. The inclusion of any link does not imply that CCV endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content on such third-party sites. Your linking to such third-party Web site is at your own risk.
10. Although CCV may from time to time monitor or review the Site’s current content or future content that may or may not include discussions, postings, chats, transmissions, bulletin boards and the like, CCV is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content regardless of its nature. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, or profane material or other material that violates any laws. CCV will cooperate with any law enforcement authorities with a court order requesting or directing CCV to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information.
11. You shall not use CCV’s Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms and conditions. You shall not undertake any initiative that shall damage, disable, overburden or impair any CCV server, or the network(s) connected to any CCV server, or otherwise interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Website. You shall not attempt to gain unauthorized access to services, materials, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any CCV server or to the Website, through hacking, password mining or any other means.
12. This site is controlled by Carlisle Center Ventures, LLC in the State of Massachusetts, USA. As such, the laws of the State of Massachusetts will govern these disclaimers, terms and conditions, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws. We reserve the right to make changes to our site and these disclaimers, terms and conditions at any time.
13. For any questions or comments please email us or write to: Carlisle Center Ventures, LLC, PO Box 31, Carlisle, MA 01741-0031
– – LBear