Essential Groceries and Savory Selections!
Ferns Country Store is your local stop when you’re in need… from our “oh-my-god-I-forgot” essential grocery items to our fine line of savory selections.
Local is good for all of us. That’s why we try and source locally first. It’s why we carry Carlisle Honey, Chip in Farm Eggs, Nashoba Brook Breads, Smiling Sauces, Goat Rising Cheeses, Trappist Preserves and Ewen’s family farm pure maple syrup products,
Our product mix includes a selection of Gluten-free, Organic, All Natural and Healthy lines. For those with allergens, we carry a selection of packaged products including Dr. Lucy Cookies which are 100% school-safe!
And let’s not forget our fine, four-legged friends! Pet foods, pet treats, horse treats and more make Ferns a fav for your friends!
Got milk? We do! Our Grocery Department is chock full of items ranging from breads and cooking supplies and local family farm eggs to fabulous goat cheeses, homemade pies from a family farm in Maine, local honey to fine cigars. And milk.
With limited space – how do we decide what to carry in our store?
* * * We listen to what you have to say. While we can’t carry every item that comes across the “Do you carry (FILL IN ITEM HERE)” request line, when we hear a request for the same item a couple of times then we try and fulfill the need. Although some times, it’s something that just seems to make sense for us to carry so we act on it right away. Like when someone asked about carrying big marshmallows and graham crackers for s’mores. That was a no-brainer.
* * * We’re cautious about trends. We act slowly when it comes to fads and trends like the latest diet craze or hottest product. They fade fast so we’re not apt to jump on that bandwagon.
* * * We attend Food Trade Shows where we come across great food items that we bring in
* * * We carry limited selections. Like ONE of an item. TWO max. Why? Certainly because we have limited shelf and storage space. But more importantly, because we back EVERYTHING we sell with our 100% Unconditional Satisfaction Guarantee. And to do that, we have to have the confidence that what we sell is the best. Period.
* * * And then it all takes time. Time to research what we want. Time to negotiate a deal. Time to order and ship. Time to make space in-store. But as we always say: There’s Real Time. There’s Carlisle Time. And there’s Ferns’ Time. We get it all done somewhere in there.
– – Vince Lombardi